Back in 2008, I started 7WD with what was then a fairly modern design. Well, it’s seven years later, which is an epoch in Internet time. So it’s time for a new look for 7WD. You are now looking at the freshly updated blog, complete with lemon-fresh scent (if your computer is enabled for this feature). This is all built using the “Hueman” theme on WordPress.
Here’s what you might notice:
- Spiffy new look, with a clean design and fresh typefaces
- A responsive design intended to work well on desktops with large monitors, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Cleaned up resources in the sidebars, including my Twitter stream, direct links to all posts by category, some blogs I read regularly, and other sundries. Once you click through to a post, you’ll see links to recent posts and comments on the right side.
- Easy access to my various social media channels
- A new page called “Tour” that lists some upcoming appearances by yours truly and links to audio/video/text of past talks.
My hope is that the transition was seamless, even if you’re subscribed by email or RSS feed. However, if something doesn’t seem to be working — or if you just don’t like the way things work or look — please let me know in the comments or by email.
The new design will get a workout, as my plan is to start blogging my way through the Blue Blue of General Convention later today. The series will be titled “Tangled Up in Blue” so if you’re not a church geek, just send anything with that phrase in the title straight into the trash. Stay tuned for a new barrage of church-geekery.